Week 49: The one where it snows
Prepare for a week of photos.(slide for a surprise)
As you can tell it snowed, finally. I was lowkey hoping it wouldn't snow until Christmas day but that was a dream in itself… we had Zone conference and it was literally the best day ever, strong spirit of christmas, good company, snow, good food, amazing speakers. I'll write about it more later as you get down my email. Basically best week ever.
I'm a pro now at making spinach drinks without the protein powder:))
Utah drivers freak us out in the snow. Like actually tho they make me nervous Haha.
Do you ever think about how the flakes are on flakes are on flakes are on flakes.
My beautiful Schmid at Zone Conference.
God is good and Alana will forever be one of my BFFS… it has been SO good to see her this week she's going to the temple soon and if cards play right me and Naea will be able to go with her! Literally seeing her is an answer to my prayers and SO cool because almost a year ago I started my mission and was able to see her baptism, now I'm serving in her area and get to go to church with her.
Brock is the G. Homie is about to be married (we r friends from college) literally tho thanks for all the free water and cookies I don't need but need.
Thanks to Naeas mom we are always celebrating something.
My temple :,((
Okay snow makes everything 10X prettier tho it's like having clouds on the ground what gets better then that!?!?!?!?!
First off I figured out from Alana that that Asian Elder in the back is her cousin, literally SO funny he reminds me of Dallin and I love it. But no seriously I love the Elders I'm assigned to serve with in our area they are SO hard working and such good examples. I have never had a district I have loved and looked up to so much.
It has been non stop this week. I love Sister Naea, we keep each other accountable and we get things done. I feel bad that I am all gas no breaks with her but shes a champ and loves it too. The work has never been so good and I've never been so happy stressed in my life. We have a teaching pool of 21 people and its CRAZY… we have a miracle baptism coming up this next week with Stelann. I've talked about this kid before in my emails but you guys he is my favorite. He's been wanting to be baptized for years now and his mom wouldn't let him. Me and Sister Naea have given this family so much, from service to spiritual thoughts, to making sure the kids are happy and know we loved them. They're always always home alone because the mom is single and works two jobs. Last night she signed the baptism papers… And one of the YSA boys next door (there's a house next door to Stelanns of 23 years old boys that love Stelann and treat him like their brother) anyways his name is Ein and he went over to Stelanns house and asked him if he could baptize him last night and Stelann said yes. Ein texted us so excited and then Stelann texted us asking us for the address and time of his baptism for his mom because she wanted to come. WHICH IS HUGE because she said she wouldn't come and now she is and I'm pretty sure it's because of Ein going over there and asking Stelann, kinda wish we were there but it's okay because stellan texted us a cute heart emoji thing. I'll attach it below:))
Serving food at a ward Christmas party. They had a pig.
Food drive in the snow this week, couldn't feel my fingers or toes but was SO happy.
Us after the food drive literally ready to crash but had to go go go the rest of the day.
So like my memories are flippin.
I literally have the most gorgeous companions, not that you asked.
The Haderlies who are in charge of the cars and baptismal forms have had oh so much patience with me. They are leaving though and I'm seriously so sad. Especially Sister Haderlie has been there for me so much and had the best hugs and advice. Will forever love them and look up to them.
Merry Christmas. From your BSTLS.
We went and saw a huge map on a wall and ofc. Took a pic with our OG missions we will lever go to haha:'((
Did I stress eat that whole box of chocolates and then clean the whole house after this lesson with Alana last night. Yeah definitely did that. Still trying to figure out what I was so stressed about lol but anyways at least our apartment is clean I just wish I had more chocolate lol.
Okay again though, we are seriously in one of the best districts.
Okay yup here's the third best part of it all, after Alana and Stelann… JOHN SCHMIDT idk how he even spells his name but the Piano guy came to out zone conference to just hang out with us and his wife came and I LOVE HER. We somehow got a selfie with them because they were booking it after his performance bit we made sure to get one haha.
Okay I cant not write more about this though. We sat so close to him, I was in the chair write next to the bench and at one point he was going to play his song All of Me which my brother Adam has played and he asked the crowd of missionaries who plays the piano and a couple raised their hands and he asked he has played all of me before and no one was saying anything and he was looking around so I go "my brother adam has play it!!" And he points at me and says this is for your brother adam and then plays the whole song and i literally am crying because I miss my family, I miss adam and his piano and just adam. Him and his wife also shared a beautiful testimonies with us… the main things I got from it though was to involve God in your everyday and moment, it's all going to be okay. Trust the process.
I wore the wrong shoes but no one told me it was going to snow that day and I was running around the parking lot in them and never fell so big flex. Anyways. Seriously this week has been full of miracles and so much christmas Joy. Idk why Christmas was so hard for me last year, probably because I didn't really wanna leave on my mission Haha. But I am so so glad I stick through with it. It is definitely one of the hardest things I've CHOSEN to go through and stick out but it is so worth it. It has stretched me, my faith and my love for people. It has helped me see people differently and appreciate my family and my life so much more than I ever have. It has made me excited for me future. But above all it has helped me come to know for myself that God is real and Jesus Christ lives. And that is why this is my favorite Christmas in my life yet, because I remember and am focusing on what matters most. Why we even have this holiday in the first place. A couple weeks ago I sent my dad a Christmas list but now I realize what I should've sent him. This is so cheesy but the list I have in my head now is how can I share the light of Christ everyday with every person I meet, how can I help them recognize they have that light and spirit to, the best gift we have all ever been given is our Savior. Christmas, December has a different feeling not because of all the lights and snow, even tho those things are my favorite and they are reminders of this very thing I'm about to talk about… there's a different special feeling in December because this was the month our Savior was born. This is the month that we remember to remember Him. That we give. That we are given. That we think of others and what we can give them. It is a month of giving and receiving. Some of my favorite memories of Christmas are ones where I was able to be still and just sit and breathe. Seattle snowy nights with my Aunt Jamie as we eat treats watch Gilmore girls and are cozy, sitting with my family every morning before school and watching the light the world videos together and feeling the spirit all together before out busy days, sitting in my room and wrapping presents that I have bought for my loved ones, sitting and watching the snow fall, being with my family. I am so thankful for the memories I have. For the family and people I have to miss and love.
Throwback to my favorite Christmas dress. This week has had its ups and downs but mainly and all I will remember are the ups. I am seriously not lying when I say I am so thankful and happy to be on my mission. I am so thankful for the Spirit this time of year. I'm trying to think of something funny I can end with other than me trying to jump over a snowman and majorly failing on BYU campus I have been pretty safe this week.
Sorry this email was kinda longer this week but there's so much I wanted to get on paper.
Keep this Christmas real.♡
Love Sister Chan.
Comments
Post a Comment