Week 12: The one where I watch conference as a missionary :))
The weather has been so nice and it is such a blessing, I also have my running watch and my mile or two I run a day is getting faster and faster on the sickkk BYU track we go to every morning. We met the Ockatsu family last Sunday, they are from Japan and came to America because they loved missionaries haha, they are not members but have a strong Christian faith and want their boys to go to be BYU and be like how the missionaries are so they sold EVERYTHING they had and moved to Utah, they are soooo so kind and today
(Wednesday) we went over with a member and taught the husband English, the wife goes to school to learn English and the boys just go to public school, it is amazing the support system they have from their local ward and from the Japanese family ward. They are the most giving and kind family ever and I love them! we are having Bible study with them on Sunday and I am so excited, I have learned a little more Japanese and it is so fun, hard but fun haha.
I have basically crashed in bed every night I feel like I get more and more tired it's crazy, most days I don't even eat dinner and take a nap instead lol, which is fine because I feel like all I do is sit all day, pray that I can be in a walking area at some point!! I keep meeting people or missionaries that served or are from Australia Perth and everytime they hear I am suppose to go there and got reassigned here they automatically say "I am so sorry" and at this point I just laugh and say "you're my Australia" which is so true tho because they show me pictures and teach me a little slang and it just makes my day.
Everyday as I find myself thinking less about myself and I am more excited to get out and go to to member lessons or finding or service, I feel my shoulders become lighter and lighter and it's more easy to smile, people really aren't joking when they say you have the best time when you just lose yourself in the work, In the Utah mission they focus sooo much on the numbers and it kinda freaks me out but as I focus on the names, like how can I help Adam (he's a friend that just lost his dad) out today or how can I help the Ockatsu family today as they are in a new scary country where they don't understand the language, I have come more and more to learn that it's nothing to do with the numbers but the people I meet, how I can best help them how I can best love them. God really does love every single person on this earth, even the guy I passed on the street today that was soooo gone on something I almost wanted to call for help for him but I had a weird overwhelming feeling of love for him and I knew that was God telling me he was a child of God too, a child of God that loved his drugs but nevertheless!!!
ALSO SOOO MUCH JOYYYY!! I am in love with the Okatsu family :)) tho there is a language barrier I just love them so so much, and feel so loved by them. They love the Book Of Mormom and during the lesson yesterday (I had a translater) they kept on saying "I believe it" and "this makes so much sense! Brings so much peace, so much peace!" my heart was bursting!! I was smiling and crying the whole time.
I miss my friends and family soooo much it hurts! But I also am so so happy for some of the things going on in my family and friends lives, you all are such a light to me you don't even know, the emails you send me and the love you send make it so I can go through my day standing tall and confident because I have so many loved ones around me as you send words and prayers my way. I pray for you all every night.
Keep livin it as real as ya possibly can.
Love errrrrrmaaaaa/sisChannnnnnn
1.superfood bowl place, my new favorite place too eat:))
2.me with my new favorite fooooood
3.car selfie hehe
4.Distrcit pic
5.right after this Pic my water bottle spilled all over me and I walked around BYU looking like a peeeeeeeed myself so that was great (also Sister Nagareda is actually the worst driver I think I've ever seen, like I know I'm not the best driver but she's like badddddd)
6.i drank this whole jar of pickle juice hehe
8. The Okatsu family!!!
9.Gibbys motorcycle lol







Comments
Post a Comment