Week 1: Set apart at home by President Call

First three days went reallll quick, surprisingly. I honestly was expecting to be a real clock watcher, but thanks to my amazing teachers, district (not to boast but I have the coolest district) and all the carbonated lemon water I consume along with the dark chocolate almonds... time FLYSSS like bananas. 
The past three days I've been learning my purpose as a missionary, growing to love my companion Sister Howell, who's seriously the coolest and growing my love for the doctrine and simple truth of the gospel. 
ALMA 26!!! Is seriously one of the coolest chapters in the Book of Mormon, vrs.16 pretty much sums up how I'm feeling "Therefore let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part of which I feel." Having a relationship with God, putting Him first in all things, and trusting in Him, this is how we find JOY! Of course, still we will have hard days, weeks, months, heck lives. And struggles that feel never ending but if we turn to God and put him first, we can find direction in our lives, peace in our hearts and everything will turn out okay. 
I love you all! Take care of your faith, it is the most important gift we have. :) Love, Sister Chan.

Week 2 1/2: The One Where I Went To Lisa's House 

My mom was convinced I left on Wednesday and not Tuesday at 6:30 A.M. so she had a little panic attack last night and that was a good time. Also shoutout to Lisa for letting me crash her place for a couple days, and Britton for the BOMB pasta. Jamie came and saw me :)) I was adopted by Sister Smout and Hatch and they became my trainers and some of my favorite people ever. I am soOOO sad to leave my district, my comp, I can't think about it too much because I'm NOT AT ALL prepared to leave her for a new comp, she is such an amazing example to me and is going to be AN AMAZING missionary and I can't wait for after the mish when we can FINALLLLYYY actually meet. I procrastinated packingggg, so today I have just been doing lots of that, it has been so fun to be able to be at home with the fam when I'm not out with the sisters or in class. I was able to go to Grace's baptism today also, she looked gorgeous ofc. and I was so so happy to be able to go and am so thankful for our friendship. Also SHLYNN got her call this week AHHHHH. 
Moses 6:34 is my new favorite scripture (thank you Sister V.) "Behold my Spirit is upon you, wherefore all thy words will I justify; and the mountains shall flee before you, and the rivers shall turn from their course; and thou shalt abide in me, and I in you; therefore walk with me." this verse is like a poem to me, just wish it mentioned clouds because clouds are my favorite, jkjk. 
Hope you all are doing well, next time I email you I'll be in the good old Provo:)))
Keep it real :) Love, Sister Chan.


PICSSSS
1. GRACEEEE
2. SHLYNNNNS CALLL
3. I MADE IT INTO M&R's wedding book :))) (CONGRATS U GUYS!!!)
4. MY FAV PEOPLE EVER
5. SIsterrrr HOWell's CUTEEEEE dog (also we were both so dead that day loll)







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 37: The One Where I Sleep for Two Days

Week 50: The One Where Stelann Gets Baptized ♡

Week 49: The one where it snows