Week 15: The One Where I Meet a Bee Keeper

Okay so last week I was bragging to one of the Elders in my district about how I wasn't going to miss a email any week of my mission and then that pday I forgot to send out the email I had typed up, so you guys are getting two this week hehe!!! What a treat right??

Anyways Heber is no joke so sick, my companion is probably one of the coolest people person I have ever gotten to meet on the Mish so far.. and I am so thankful God put us together. We get up earlier in the day so we can have more time to workout and she also can't have dairy and also can't have bread lol so we eat pretty healthy and it's so nice. When it hits 9 o'clock we are also sprinting for bed because we are sooooo busy all day with teaching, finding, making calls, doing service projects and helping members that we are so dead by the end of the night but it is the BESTT kind of dead. 

So yeah this week I have learned that you gotta just laugh at the small things, like calling random people to see if they would like to meet with us which was pretty weird at first for me kinda still is, but lowkey I've kinda gotten numb to all the people that either just hang up on us or say a few cuss words I kinda think it's hilarious and me and my comp just laugh about, most of the calls I have made so far have been pretty good and we are able to set up appointments and I have a nice chat with them on the phone. 

Teaching kids is very different and I am Def learning and changing already from them, they have some interesting thoughts and questions... We are teaching this one kid and he is seriously so sweet. He's nine years old and his mom wants him to be baptized, we have had a couple lessons with him this week and the first lesson and the start of the second made me really nervous and question if he was ready or not, at one point I asked him what he thought about baptism and he went "I don't know my mom set this whole thing up I had nothing to do with it." Me and Sister D straight up had a heart attack right then and there. That was the start of the second lesson, but by the end, you guys I'm surprised I wasn't bawling. I really think he just needed to say that and get it out because after he really started listening and answering the questions we asked him, and by the end I really believe he had a desire to start getting ready for baptism, it was so cute too one of the only concerns he had towards the end of the lesson was church and that he didn't really have any friends and that's why he didn't really know about baptism and I said okay what if I told you we would come with you and he just nodded his head and was like yeah okay. And then too top it off he said the most fire and sweetest prayer in the world and I fr don't know how I didn't start bawling. 

So yeah basically the days are so busy and feel soooo long, and lowkey this week felt very long haha, but I love Heber and I love my new companion and God is so good. 

If one thing I have learned the most this week is that kids are primary, like really, your childhood does not determine who you are but it really does affect who you are. And most kids really really take what they hear, learn, see, know and live it. I AM SO THANKFUL FOR MY PARENTS!!!! 

ALSOOO my new Addy issssss
1891 South Highway 40 Unit #8 Heber City, Utah 84032!!!! :))

1.a book we made for a friend to help him get ready for baptism (the title is questionable but oh well lol)
2.this vegan smoothie place that's soooo good
3.our neighbor Roger that we are gonna start teaching next week (we pulled weeds for him lol)
4.this lady dropped off a Costco haul for us, we were talking about how we need to try being even more healthy right before she dropped all this stuff off, RIP us lol.
5.OKAYYYY SO THESE ARE MY FAV THINGS FROM TARGET and they are SOOO expensive so when she brought a HUGE bag of them I fr had a heart happy attack
6.the cutest dog in the world (plus Parker) I fr had a tear on my face when I had to say goodbye to him because we became Bffs by the end of the visit
7.he loved us by the end, not in this Pic tho lol
8.me and my comp :))
9.ummmm we may or not be watching someones fish for them lollll pray that we don't kill it (when the little girl handed me the bowl I fr tripped while walking to put it on the table and I was fr scared for the fishes and my own life) 
10.ive been making pretty nasty green smoothies but hey it's not good but not that bad BUT it's nutritious :)) 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 37: The One Where I Sleep for Two Days

Week 50: The One Where Stelann Gets Baptized ♡

Week 49: The one where it snows