Some letters from Emma to Mom
March 29, 2021
Mom,
I just finished my first bottles of juice plus and am seriously so thankful and blessed to have parents that bless me with things like juice plus and so much more haha. I am sorry for how hard I was to raise, you both are such good parents that really just love and trust God and when you mess up just try again. You are and always have been such good examples of effort.
I saw this quote the other day that a gay son posted about his mom he shared some words she said and it really hit me and got me thinking... “When I finally leave this world and kneel at my Savior’s feet, I’m going to tell him that I loved and supported my kids with everything I had. And if that’s not enough, I can honestly say I have no regrets.” if you read this before we call we should talk about it haha! I have so many thoughts.... Also remind me to tell you about the cute old missionary couple at the Orem Utah Temple and their amazing story and testimonys.
Totally different topic but I was just talking to my comp about jobs we want and I was talking about how God didnt bless me with the skill of genius but he did bless me with the experience and knowledge on how to "study, fail and then be okay with it." after saying that out loud I was like oh hey actually that's so true haha.
I've been praying for you guys so so much, Adam is going to be okay mom. He is just hurt, which in a way we all our, but by the sound of it he is open about it, that's so so good. I love you all so much give Kyle a squeeze for me. And tell dad I love him and say hi to all your cute kids for me! Tell them they have the second best teacher in the world ;)) (lol the spirit is the best) but you and our nana make a close second.
(ofc after our Savior also) general conference is almost here! Crazy how fast it come ever yest I feel like I was just watching it at college with friends:// okay sorry for the long and kinda random email but I love you so much mom!!
April 12, 2021
Mommmm!
Do you ever feel like life and heavenly father is just preparing you for something so much bigger then now? It's kinda a scary feeling and I think it's so scary because it feels so out of control and like it's gonna be so hard haha. But that's why it's so important to live in the now like Nana says! Intentionally! I love the quote you sent me of the once you realize who you are then you can change, it's so true and I feel like all the time we are just trying to figure out who we are, why we are needed. And it always come back to Christ. Because he went below everything we can overcome anything. Isn't that such a cool thought. We went and visited this family today they were soooo cute and thier oldest boy looked so much like James as a kid he was so cute and kept on jumping off of chairs and couches and pretending he was Spiderman. We asked the parents what they wanted to get out conference and the mom with tears in her eyes as she was holding their 10 month year old and the three year old was running around said that she just wanted her kids to know that "Christ was the center of it all and always will be" I told her what an amazing mother she was and she shook her head and I wanted to just talk her ear off until she believed me on what an amazing mother she was! Leaving ofc, I was thinking so much of you, and how I wish someone was there to talk your ear off on how good you were doing while going through some hard times with me haha, I just want to say thank you mom, and don't want you to ever forget how amazing you are. I'm sorry Adam is so hard right now and am praying extra hard for him, I hope he prays too. Sometimes I find myself going back into the old prayers I had memorized in high-school and would say every night and morning in my car, it was the same thing but in the end I always asked to be wise haha. I try to make my prayers more meaningful now ofc but looking back I see now much those prayers really got me through. I also remember seeing Dad always praying. First thing he does when he leaves his bed, whenever he makes his food, and every night, I think back a lot to these moments I saw him praying and how it would maybe even if just for a second remind me that God was real. That sounds kinda funny because it's not like I ever didn't know that but I think sometimes I DEFIENTLY forgot. You guys were always reminding us and still are.
Another story sorry this is so long haha, but we were at this old couples house the other night and they were this amazing couple and the mom was sharing her testimony and stopped and said, you know we aren't as strong as we seem and kinda sat there in silence for a little longer just reflecting on the past and then shared with us how they had a really tough time with raising their kids and how they still to this day struggle so much with their oldest son (their kids are all older now and moved out) and she had tears in her eyes and suddenly the dad was just really quiet also, and I just started crying haha, and shared with them how (expressing how first how I had no idea what they went through with their kids) but that I wasn't the easiest kid to raise, and shared with them how I would see my dad pray and my mom really try to get scripture study everyday and how stubborn and grumpy I was about it but how I would always notice their efforts and your guys faith in effort and and how especially today but just always that I would always notice your efforts. I promised them that their efforts didn't go unnoticed and as always at the end of our lesson I just told them how much heavenly father loved them haha.
I love you mom!! Sorry for the Book I know you're so busy!!
LOVE YOU!!
April 26, 2021
Okay good haha,
Heber is amazing mom. Like mind blowing, my companion is so concentrated and hard working and such an amazing example to me and I am so so thankful to be with her. We get along so well, she is so down to earth and real and doesn't care if we just sit in silence and work but at the same time we can talk about anything. She is a convert to the church when she was 14,and had a really hard upbringing she doesn't really talk about it but I can tell. We wake up early so we can exercise for longer and she is a really really healthy eater, it's more than likely her sprint to the finish because she might go home early, president leaves next transfer also and I don't know how I feel about ITTTT, I'm really nervous actually because he is so amazing and his wife is such a Bad A, it will be sad to see them go for sure and weird but cool to see the transition of having a new president come in but I know the calling is heaven sent and so inspired to mostly I am excited and ready to meet my new president :))
It seems more and more everyday and everyday I like forget that Provo isn't my first assignment, there are so many reassugned Missionaries here, today at district council I was partnered with an elder that is suppose to go to the phillipens, also Angie texted me out of nowhere today and sent me sooo much love and I just love her so much.
We get fed every night here and it isn't as bad as I thought! The meals are pretty healthy and it's alot better then what Sister Nagareda and I started doing which was just eating out, home-cooked meals are so nice and they just deliver it so we don't have to eat whatever is on the plate, we can control it a haha. Tho I would love be able to be at a dinner table surrounded by a family one day it would be so nice :))
The teaching pool is exploding here and it is crazy we have about three or four baptisms set up and more on date and we have a ton of potentials we could start teaching, the zone and all the missionaries here are really consecrated and really hard working so I think it's really just God giving us a little hey I see your hard work, ofc there are hard working missionaries out there with no teaching pool but they see miricales we don't see:))
I hope the whole running thing with Adam is getting better!! It was so nice talking to you last Monday about it, and being able to talk about some things I went through, I am so unbelievably happy tho mom ever since I got the blessing I have felt a weight come off my shoulders and just had such joy, ofc I am exhausted and the work is draining and hard and sometimes in moments seems pointless but then God slaps me awack haha.
Ahhhh sorry for another long one love you mom!! Hope you got some of my old emails I'll send the rest to you later haha
Comments
Post a Comment