Week 17: The One Where I Give My First Talk as a Missionary


"Keep focusing on the good... you'll go so far!!" I have a wall of pictures and notes from my family and friends. One of my best friends wrote this on a sticky note and today I read it and it really stood out to me. I was born into a happy life, with the family i had, friends i was surrounded by, sports, growing up going to my brothers baseball games, running around all summer playing games with my friends, later on going to training and practice with the best teammates and coaches, coming home to a loving family, having alone time in my room to clean, listen to music, play my guitar, organize my clothes, lay on my roof. And legit tears come to my eyes when i see Christ at the center of it all, because he really is the reason for it all, and like my nana said "your faith is everything." It took faith for my parents to get married, to have kids, to go to school, to raise their kids, it took faith for them to heck get out of bed everyday and make a life for their children. I am so so so soooo thankful for the faith of those around me that has helped me with my faith all my life.  One of the main things for me to adjust on with the mission, probably one of the biggest things was how every day felt like a Sunday, it was constantly like a quiet day, and it was overwhelming, in my brains words I missed being able to GO GO CRAZYY. But I have grown to love these quiet days, of course I still everyday need to pray for patience and an attitude to live the day not for myself but for others!! And now looking back over my happy life i realize that some of the moments i loved the most were the quiet ones, the simple casual talks with my mom, the lazy nights with my friends, singing hymns as a family on sunday nights, walks and runs with my mom, the quiet and chill nights with my aunties, taking my little cousins to the park. Life is really about the simple things. :))


Mateo seriously made my week this week, we went over to his house to have his mom sign his baptismal form and he came downstairs jumped and the coach and goes "Hey guys guess what I had the Holy Ghost help me out today." he then goes on to tell us about how he was taking a test in class and he got to the last three answers and didn't know them, he said that he then prayed about it and said the he heard a voice help him figure out the answers to the questions, I was smiling sooo big, when I first met this kid (which was only a couple of weeks ago) he was not sure or even very excited about baptism, and I really was not sure if he was ready myself, but as I grew closer to him, he slowly started warming up to me, at first we just talked about pokemon or about how school is hard, to talking about how he really felt about baptism, to how he really missed his dad and how he felt alone, now we are like Bffs and he even lets me hold his pokemon cards. I love him so much and as his mom has opened up to us about their family struggles and as I have prayed for them I have grown such a love for his family. 

  I was looking back over my mission calling (because um I kinda skipped over all the words and just skipped right to where I was going when I opened it lolllll) so ya this week I looked back over the rest of the words on the paper haha, and cried like a baby. The sentences the really stood out to me was that "as I served with all of my heart, might, mind and strength I would be led to those that were ready to hear His message." In my own words hehe, i took it as i LOVEE, as i am willing, as i study, and as i in a way sacrifice my body (because i miss the gym so much haha) i will be able to find those who i can then love and serve and help bring close to God. And my favorite part at the end of the call it says "humbly and prayerfully serve the Lord in this labor of LOVEE among His children." I am here to simply love others, how cool is that?!? I don't have to worry about really anything for a year and a half of my life, ofc i am a human and still need to take care of myself. but these days i really really really can just live for others, the way our Savior did. As cool as it sounds to me it is def easier said than done haha, but still so cool!!

It was a little extra hard this week to be away from my mom and family, but I'm so grateful for the chance I had to talk with my mom while she quietly sat on the porch, her insights on me and on everything is so personal and real and she understands me soooo well!! :)) it was also my auntie Michelle's birthday was this week, if you guys aren't blessed to know Michelle she is simply the most selfless, lovingest, a heart of faith and trust, and a life of love. I am so blessed to have her as a best friend, example and aunt. 

To end the week off I got to talk to my mom, (and Adam&Jamie💛:)) break my fast with ribs and potatoes, have an amazing lesson with a friend (Ryan) and oh yeah I gave a talk today hehe. AND DDIDNTTT CRYYYY LET'S GO OOOOO. 

I hope all of your weeks are going well!! I pray for my family and friends back home everyday.

KEEP KEEPIN it real for me plzzz.

Love Emma:))

-Sis C is going to Mexico!!
-me and my comp :))
-golden hour tho
-clouds r still my favorite thing
-we ran up a hike because I didn't want to walk hehe
-the veiw tho
-I miss my mom alot alot (I thought alot was two different words but now idk) 
-district
-my fav family in heber
-Myahs baptism :)) SO MUCH JOY!! 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 37: The One Where I Sleep for Two Days

Week 50: The One Where Stelann Gets Baptized ♡

Week 49: The one where it snows