Week 27: The One Where the Lovetts Have their Baptism
This was a gorgeous windy night and we met this guy named Scott I think that kinda bashed us and then told us how these people drank a special drink and rode on a comet. So that was interesting.
We had a lot of goodbyes this week which was pretty sad. I'm being transferred/moved to Mapleton. Zahra was one of the sweetest coolest girls and we only knew her for a few weeks but her story on how she decided to be baptized is so cool. She was listening to conference and President Russel M Nelson said that race would not be part of the church records anymore, so Zahara ran to her mom so excited saying that Heavenly Father heard and answered her prayers and that she wanted to be baptized. She has such a strong desire to have faith and it's amazing.
We went to Park city with Missy and her girls (my mission family) and bought dresses, flowers, just had a ton of fun. Time went too fast though unfortunately.
This week we also double booked ourselves for dinners so that was fun. I can feel myself stretching haha. But I love food and I love the people that feed us so it's all of so worth it.
Also this week I was throwing a football around with this guy named Scott (his girlfriend wants to be baptized) and he's just so pumped at how far and high I can throw this football right, so I'm in my element and don't notice this pothole. I run right into the pothole twisting ankle again. It hurt. Pretty bad. So that night I got a healing blessing from the senior couple, Edler Keyser. And I could hardly walk on it all night. I was so nervous that I wouldn't be able to sleep that night and that I was going to wake up the next morning and it was just going to be swollen. It wasn't. I woke up and it wasn't swollen at all. God is real you guys.
LILLY AND SADIE GOT BAPTIZED THIS WEEK!!! no other baptism is ever going to add up to the love felt and memories made having this baptism come together and happen. We had a killer killer musical number as missionaries, singing the great work. we were so prepared that everyone didn't know what in the heck we were doing and a couple elders had a solo moment, the spirit was there but you guysssss I've never had to hold in a laugh so bad in my entire life. Missy said we did great tho and it was super cute. Missy and her Sister shared the most killer and beautiful testimonies. The girls were glowing the whole time. And I will seriously never forget this day and how I felt.
and yes that is the tabernacle choir right there.
photo dump of Sister Dickey because I'm gonna miss her so much and have separation issues.
This week's email is kinda all over the place and pretty short and quick because this week has been crazy busy. Highlights from this week are ofc the Lovetts and their baptism, it's gonna hurt bad to say bye to them and all my friends in Heber that I have come to love so much. Heber is the place where I figured out I could be a missionary, and that with my Savior I could do this and handle it. Crying one Monday afternoon to my mom on the phone I started laughing and said "Mom I am so so happy, like I've never been so happy." It was the weirdest thing because I was stressed, homesick for my friends and family back home, ect. and yet I was so happy. In that moment I saw that God's hand was in my life, I've always known that but to literally see it and understand it with a whole new perspective was life changing. I am so so thankful for the people I met in Heber, the miriacles I've seen and the ways I've grown. Heber will forever be my home on my mission, and the place where I knew I wanted to stay on my mission.
Oh also really cool experience. This girl named Emma (Emma's a good name) came up to me at the dinner after the baptism and goes "I thought I should come share this with you, a few weeks ago you bore your testimony is sacrament meeting and I had been praying asked God if I should go on a mission or not. And your testimony was the answer to my prayers that I needed to go on my mission and now my mission papers are in." She goes on to thank me and we just have this deep conversation about life and the mission and it was so cool.
Anyways keep it real while I'm out here living this dream:)) Love you all!!
Sisssterrr Errrmmmaaa Channnnn.
Comments
Post a Comment