Week 29: The One Where You'll Never Know
It was Schmid's birthday this week and… we sang birthday songs all day, kinda, not really joking but also joking. It was so cool to see all the gifts that she got not only from her family, but also God just kept pouring down on us haha. Someone took us out to lunch, and it was seriously one of the best meals on the mission so far. We had two dinners be dropped off lol, because of miscommunication, not complaining tho. And are just trying to get a grasp of covering two stakes, sixteen Ward's, and being the people over social media also. Sleeping has gotten hard, idk if that's because I went from 5 milligrams of melatonin to 3 or because literally all night I have so many ideas on how to help our friends and their lives or for the social media page. like I so thankful for all the ideas, but at the same time I am also thankful for sleep haha. AGAIN NO COMPLAINTS!!! being able to interview, record and capture, connect and hear people's stories on their lives, experiences, trials and realization that they are actually not alone is so inspiring and I get goosebumps just talking about it.
Also seeing how some people grew up, or live now, there's a lot of drug dealers that we meet with apparently, we had zero idea because they are just such good down to earth people. But I have come to realize, love and learn that nobody ever has any right to judge another person (unless it's to keep themselves safe and out of harm of course) but we have NO idea what's going on in another person's head or life.
ANYWAYS sorry for the rant. it's Tuesday today and it's not even over yet and it feels like it's been a whole week lol. time be weirdddddd.
Tony is a guy we filmed on his conversion to the gospel:))
in this picture I was hiding in a closet, and it was freaking hot.like so hot.hence the sweat
Our theme with all the missionaries in the UPM right now is "All eyes are upon us." and literally five minutes ago we ran into Michelle D Creg at a gas station and Schmid runs to the car I'm sitting there chilling staring off into blank space and she goes "there's an authority." (a famous person in the church) I'm like oh sick okay, we get out of the car and go talk to her and I'm just so tired and staring off into blank space while Schmid is talking to her the whole time. And now looking back I'm like I probably looked like such an idiot haha.
We helped this lady in her yard this week with the Elders and this one Elder just got out and was singing a bunch of X, Lil P, Kid Laroi artists that I would listen to while running. So that made me miss music a lillll. We have a ton of new missionaries coming in and it's FREAKIN me and Schmid out because we feel like we are still the baby's that just got put so rip us.
It is also fast Sunday (where you don't eat for a day) and I think I'm groggierrr then groggy right now.
IM IN LOVE WITH A CHRISTIAN SINGER THAT MIGHT BE GAY AND SCHMID MAKES THESE PANCAKES THAT SLAPPPP AND THEY HAVE COTTAGE CHEESE IN THEM AND EGGS OATS AND THAT ITTT.i also hate pizza right. she made this pizza that absolutely hit a spot that has never been hit before. STORMS KEEP HAPPENING ALSOO and it doesn't smell like real rain BUT I DONT EVEN CARE because it's gorgeous and there's lightning and thunder and sleeping to the sound of rain, literally nothing can get better then that.
We are teaching so many kids right now, well like not ALL yet but hopefully will soon. I love teaching kids because they are smarter than me no joke and always have the most interesting thoughts and ideas. We are teaching this one girl named Lucy, the more we find out about her life and situation the more and more love and respect I have for this girl. She is only nine, and does not have it easy at all. But she is soooo so mature, independent, hilarious, kind and fun to talk to. I feel like I'm talking to one of my girlfriends that's my age or older. Learning more about her life tho it makes sense how she is so mature at this age by now. I seriously love her and she asks us to come back more and for longer last time we were with her. Her older brother (who is 14) set up times for her with us and sits there and acts like he is her dad. He is seriously the sweetest kid ever and makes me and Schmid laugh until we cry.
We are helping out this one lady Melissa. She seems pretty young but her body is shutting down on her and it's pretty sad to hear about. Her family life is pretty rough to and we just listen and don't know what to say except that we will pray for her. we try and help her around the house and yard as much as we can grasp.
We seriously never have no idea what the stranger next to us is going through. I also had no idea how much time goes into a Facebook and Instagram page, the amount of headaches I've had from being on a screen this week lol. NO COMPLAINTS THO!! I am seriously so happy and love my friends, family and life. It's taken a min to slap myself awake at how good a mission is for me and my life but like I said in sacrament meeting today in front of a bunch of strangers in Utah that looked at me with so much love and respect that I wanted to look behind my shoulder and be like ME!?! anyways I said to them "God sees you for who you are,not your mistakes or faults but for you at your best."
It has taken me seven months to realize that as a missionary and a human I am good enough because I showed up and am me! I got out of bed, I got ready, I ate some breakfast lol. But seriously you guys I mean don't go out and just care about only yourself and not others, thats not what I'm saying haha. just realize that you are good enough AS YOU ARE and once you realize that you can get our of your own head space and help people realize the same. Schmid has seriously helped me do that, get out of my head and look at others and help them realize that they are good enough as they are. they are good enough to be their best selves. That's how me and schmid see them and it's out jobs as missionaries to do whatever it takes to help our friends see the same potential we see in them. Even at their lowest lows (and some of them have pretty low lows) we know that they can live so much better lives and be so much happier.
also shout out to my guy Adam for getting baptized. Every lesson me and Sis Nagareda had with him he would say to us that baptism wasn't a thing for him. Idk what happened to make that switch but I am so proud and happy for him. he's seriously one of the kindest and funniest people person I've met.
oh ya and embarrassing moment this week that I'll probably only ever maybe talk about and never type it down because it's too embarrassing lol.
Miss you alllll. listen to music for me. send me an email. keep it real.
Comments
Post a Comment