WEEK 46: THE ONE WHERE I'm in the POLY area

 OKAY WOWWWW. I love love love the POLY area and so does my apatite… I eat sugar for breakfast lunch and dinner. Last night I literally was sitting in the car after the day and felt myself have a sugar attack and I started giggling and just saying I DONT LIKE THIS over and over again hahahahhah RIP. 


So yea I'm in a trio right now is the POLY area and it is SO LIT and fun and we literally laugh ALL day long and when we aren't laughing we are humming or singing, if we aren't doing that then we are teaching testifying and crying, knocking doors or trying not to fall asleep. oh and eating. lol lots of that in this area RIP. 


oh my goodness you guys there is this kid named Stellen that we are teaching, he is SO sweet and has a pretty not easy life we caught him after school and he was SO pumped to see us and it was the sweetest thing, he's only 11 but so mature and funny. we went and saw him the other night and he had just gotten into a fight with his older brother and was pretty sad and down and we were trying to cheer him up. he hadn't gotten his hair cut in a while so we took him over to a house with a bunch of YSA boys that adopted him and their little brother and it's the sweetest thing and one of them gave him a fire haircut and we were all just trying to make him laugh and feel good about himself and finally Stellen started laughing and joking with us. We've been having some pretty fire and funny lessons and door contacts hahahahah.


we have been talking a lot about the reason we are out here and our purpose and joy, a sweet lady dropped us off dinner the other night and we were talking to her about it. I started talking about how before the mission not that I was doing awful super harmful things bit it was all about what I wanted, what would make me feel good and the best and what I felt I needed. and to come on a mission and adjust to the its not about you and forget yourself and go to work. it definitely wasn't easy. but I know God needed me heat now to learn some hard lessons, to meet people where I had to forget about myself myself meet them where they are at. I am so thankful for my mission, so thankful for the hard times and the lessons learned. I have never cried so much in my life 

but I have also never learned and been so grateful for the small things in life. God had His ways and His timing but in the end all be all at the end of the day He just wants us to learn how to learn, how to trust Him and rely on our Savior. 


For a fat minute of my mission I was serving it to make my parents proud, for my own pride, to prove something, to get those higher positions in life and to just say I've done it. Those reason aren't necessarily bad but they definitely weren't fulfilling and it definitely wasn't enough to keep me going with the energy and mindset I needed on the hard days and weeks.   I realize now that I am serving my mission not for myself, not for my parents, not for my mission president, but for my Savior, for the people that need him in their life. I am serving my mission for Christ. To not only wear His name but to help others remember His name, make covenant in His name. I have learned a lot these last couple weeks, through ranting when I shouldn't, judging unfairly, and putting my pride first I have learned that I really just need to focus on what I can control, what I need to fix in myself. I need to check that what I am saying and doing allows me to have the spirit with me so I can be the person God needs me to be. I wouldn't trade these lessons I have learned for any of the crying that has come with it. Because it changed my mindset, my mission and my life. I am so thankful thankful repentance/change, for my Savior that allows me to have chances again and again. I am so thankful for my mission. 

3

Sister Jones… better be eating all the carbs in Paris.

I miss Schmid

thanks mom for the red hat and scarf even though all the Elders would not stop making fun of my red scarf 

ITS BEEN A CRAZY WEEK, going from a trio to them sending Tuala to Delta and breaking our trio which made us mega sad like it sucked…. just glad me and Naea still are together.

OKAY BUT I LOVE THE POLY AREA SOOO MUCH!!! I didn't realize how much a missed Provo since my training I haven't been back BUT I LOVE IT…. God did it, He made me love Provo. 

It's been a crazy fun week full of lessons, knocking doors, Polynesian dances, screaming in the car, awkward moments, SO MUCH LAUGHING, member gave us heated blankets, so much food. 


You already know to KEEP IT REAL.

Love you all, Sister Chan♡

Stacy Chan stchan98@gmail.com

Sun, Nov 28, 9:24 PM
to Emma
My sweet Emma,

I love everything about this email, the pictures are the best- but my favorite line maybe that you've said so far this whole time on your mission is that you are not just serving a mission to wear His name- but to help others remember His name. I want you to know you have a huge cheerleading squad here and on the other side of the veil as you do this. I know you have got to feel so alone at times- but you are surrounded by angels. Both of your little brothers have said some very sweet prayers for you over the last few weeks. Not just, "Bless Emma." (Well, sometimes that's all they say) But meaningful prayers- where they pray that you will know that you are surrounded by love. 
Dad gave a talk in sacrament meeting today- it was so beautiful! One of the best talks I've heard in a long time. He also flipped over the handle bars on his bike while riding with Aaron and Mike this weekend and is in a lot of pain... so say a little prayer for him. He is so quiet and just puts his head down and keeps going on. I am so loud and I let everyone know how I'm feeling always- I need to be a little bit more like Dad. :) Or  a lot more.
I was thinking the other day about how you said that when the unfortunate encounter happened with your mission president it was the first time you've ever been yelled at by a man. You know, I don't think there are very many people who can say that. And I think that while Dad definitely has some faults (as we all do) he mostly has set an amazing example to you of what you should be looking for in an eternal companion. He is kind and thoughtful and listens to the quiet voice of the spirit.
I love you Emma- I can't wait to chat with you today! I hope you have a great P-day. I know they're exhausting!! I hope you can feel caught up! 
If you have a moment come up with a few things we can help with for that 11 year old- we'd love to do something!
Love, Mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 37: The One Where I Sleep for Two Days

Week 50: The One Where Stelann Gets Baptized ♡

Week 49: The one where it snows