Week 48: The One Where I have my highest highs

 "FOR A LONG TIME I LIVED AND THEN LOOKED TO GOD...

I HAVE COME TO LEARN HOW IMPORTANT IT IS THAT I

 LOOK TO GOD THEN LIVE"


I said this in a lesson with one of our friends and it hit us all to hard.


This past month I have felt myself grow so much in bold love.... okay I probs sound hecka prideful and lowkey that's something I struggle with... but it's really all thanks to God and the people that he's put into my life to help me grow and see the best in myself and also the worst.... both we need to grow and learn. I've come to love change, stretching and challenges... ofc I can say that looking back, in the middle of things it sucks and hard to wake up some mornings and want to be awake. I totally get that feeling, but those days when we choose to be awake and put the best self forward that we can trusting in the person God made us to be, we grow from those days. 


We live in our car… trust me though we clean it like every other day… this is one day after we cleaned it… I ask for water everytime sister Naea stops somewhere for food hahaha. 

Here's a creepy selfie for ya lol. 


Okay enough ranting. Its Friday and today was CRAZY like the whole week. Its flying by. We had service, lessons, got to drop off some food to one of our friends that are really struggling, had a ward Christmas party. We have found 4 new friends to teach this week, we have 17 friends in our teaching pool right now it's crazy. I love Christmas on the mission. Its soooooo fun.

Here's a quick lil story from the week that we sent to some of the friends that we work with to help bring others closer to Christ. This is from Thursday night and it was an unreal day and night full of ups and downs but at the end of the day like everyday on the mission full of miracles and so many blessings.... "Hey guys we just wanted to text you a little piece of the experience we had at the temple tonight with Stelann, Skylar and Sirene. Stelann was kinda off in the corner the whole time but Sister Naea was able to talk with Skylar and Sister Chan was able to talk to Sirene. Missionaries have only had contact with Stelann (WHO WE LOVE) but we were so pumped to be at the temple with his siblings too. Both Skylar and Sireen expressed how they struggle with feeling unloved and alone from losing their dad, to having missionaries come in and out so much and having a mom that is never home because she has to work so much. Being at the temple helped them to feel the spirit that our messages offer. They both opened up and shared with us personal experiences that have brought them closer to the church and softened their hearts. Tonight (bc each of your help) they have all expressed the desire to be baptized and want those eternal blessings for themselves! We just wanted to send you all this message and thank you for helping us with loving and caring for this family. They have all expressed to us how they feel so loved by you all. We have faith we can finally make this  happen for them, they are so prepared and God's hand is really in the details."



Today was fast Sunday and off like every fast Sunday I woke up hungry Haha, we had a training and meetings started at 6:30am and went until 6pm, literally non stop all day and we were so hungry. But it all paid off, fasting and prayers work. Our friends that we are teaching have been wanting baptism for so long but there mom wouldn't let them. We have been praying for them so much and today fasted for them and we went over to their house… its SO hard to get a hold of their mom because she's single and working two jobs every day… but we were able to catch her today (sunday) and yesterday. Talking with her the day before we life really down, knowing she did not support her kids in baptism, but today we really fasted for her and her family and that we can help them be happy. So we are over there today and just literally just telling her how much we love her and her kids, I explain that her kids one day when they are 18 will be able to be baptized by their own choice whether she approves or not and that she should ponder if she wants to be there that day, I started crying and explained to her that her kids just want her to be happy and approve of their decisions… we start sharing scriptures and addressing her concerns about the church. While I'm looking for one scripture and look up and SHES asleep…  I look over at Sister Naea and we are just like talking through eye contact for a minute. And i look back at the mom and lowkey yell her name Haha, she wakes up and I apologize and then say "with your permission can we baptize your kids when they want to be." She looks at me and says yes and sister Naea just starts crying because she has been working with this family for SO long. We end up all crying together and hugging and then leave. We call Stelann (he's 11) and at his friend's house. We tell him that his mom gave us permission to help him be baptized… he goes "wait are you serious!?! You guys are serious!?!." We are just crying on the phone and are like yes yes. And he starts yelling "you guys I'm getting baptized, I'm finally getting baptized" we are just crying hearing him over the phone haha… later on we were able to meet with him and plan it a little. We love this kid so much. I love this family so much… I've loved all my friends that I have been blessed to teach and baptize in my mission but this baptism will forever be a special place in my heart. God is so good. 

This is my guy Stelann isn't he a stud. 


It's been nonstop this week but I honestly am SO SO happy and can't even Express the highs I've had this week. I can't believe the year is almost over. 


I love my mission so much. Also prepare yourselves for a music video coming up with one of our friends :)) polys can SING it's insane. 


Alohas to all the ones I love reading this. Thank you for being in my life. 


Keep it real while I am living this dream.


Love Sister Chan 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 37: The One Where I Sleep for Two Days

Week 50: The One Where Stelann Gets Baptized ♡

Week 49: The one where it snows